Softening is a widely used technology for reducing hardness forming ions (Ca & Mg) which precipitate and scale at very low temperatures and pressures. Softening is a reversible ion exchange process wherein the hardness forming ions are exchanged with sodium ions present in the resin group.
Thermax offers a wide range of softening plants with versatility in flow, flexibility in resin quantities and ease in operation. Thermax is one of the largest manufacturers of the strong acid cation resin used in this process.
- Tulsion resins with high resistance to mechanical shock, longer life, high exchange capacity and low consumption of salt.
- The closely controlled resin bead size minimizes pressure loss.
- User-friendly, low maintenance & easy to install.
- Variety of cost effective standard models.
- Improved aesthetics & rugged design.
- Simpler distribution & collection systems.
- Easily up-gradable for higher output.
- Easy operation & maintenance.
- Quick availability.
- Ideal for reducing hardness forming ions (Ca and Mg), which precipitate and scale at very low temperatures and pressures
- Range – from 0.1 to 250 m3/h,